These Terms & Conditions govern the Picture Abu Dhabi Photography Competition 2021. The competition organisers are Yalla Abu Dhabi Life and digitalfarm. By accepting the Terms & Conditions of the competition and subsequently submitting your images, you have entered into an agreement with Yalla Abu Dhabi Life and digitalfarm.
The organisers reserve the right to modify these Terms & Conditions without notice.
1. Competition Entry
- By entering the competition, you agree to the provisions of these terms and conditions and to comply fully with them.
- The Picture Abu Dhabi Photography Competition 2021 is open to professional and amateur photographers who are UAE residents.
- The competition is open to anyone except those directly involved with the Competition and judging (including their families and relatives).
- There is no fee to enter Picture Abu Dhabi Photography Competition 2021.
- Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
- If you are under the age of 18 you must have permission to enter from your parent or guardian. By submitting an entry for the competition, your parent/carer/guardian is deemed to have given such consent and to agree to the use of the entry as described in these terms and conditions.
- The Organisers cannot be held responsible for emails that do not arrive due to the entrant’s email security settings or restrictions placed by their Internet service provider.
- Entries must be submitted by uploading them on Instagram by tagging @yallaabudhabi and @digitalfarm.ae on their photograph and following the competition rules outlined below. No other forms of entry will be accepted.
What to enter?
- Photographs either taken by mobile phone or DSLR camera that capture the essence of Abu Dhabi through the subjects of nature, culture and heritage or urban settings.
- Each entrant is only allowed to enter three images.
- The entrants can be UAE residents but the photographs entered must only be of locations within the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
How to enter?
- Photo entries must be uploaded on Instagram and entrants must then tag @yallaabudhabi and @digitalfarm.ae on Instagram.
- Each photograph entered must include the category you are submitting for: DSLR | Mobile phone | Youth. Anyone entering the Youth category must be 18 years or under.
- Each photograph entered must also include the hashtags– #PictureAbuDhabi, #YallaAbuDhabi , #digitalfarm
- Once shortlisted, the organisers will contact you on how you can send the entries in high-resolution.
- Instagram accounts of the entrants need to be public so that the organisers can ensure that competition guidelines are met.
- Submissions on paper or post will not be accepted and failure to comply with any one of the aforementioned submission rules will automatically disqualify entries.
When to submit?
- The tracking of submissions on Instagram will end on 30 June, 2021. This date is subject to change and will be relayed to the community through all the organisers’ social media platforms.
- Any submissions uploaded on Instagram after this date will not be eligible to enter. Please note that sending is not proof of receipt.
- Entries that are late illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt will not be accepted.
Key information on the photographs
- Photographs being uploaded must not have won the overall award of any major global competition.
- Photographs uploaded must not be submitted into any other photography competition until the publication of the results of Picture Abu Dhabi.
- The photograph must not have been published previously in any other publication or website.
- By uploading images on Instagram for Picture Abu Dhabi Competition, each user confirms and warrants that:
- They are the sole author of each entry and that it is their original work;
- They own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image;
- They have the permission of anyone pictured in the image (or, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required by the organisers and will indemnify the organisers against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement;
- They have not licensed or disposed of any rights in the image that would conflict with uses to be made by the organisers;
- They have received any necessary permissions from the owner(s) of objects including buildings included in submitted images for the usage rights required by the organisers and will indemnify the organisers against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement.
- They don’t include any trademarks and must not show inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive, or in breach of any applicable UAE law or regulation, or in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed by you to third parties.
- An image will be rejected if it appears to have been taken in such a way that wildlife law or animal welfare requirements may have been breached or it has been otherwise taken in an irresponsible way.
- Domestic pets and farm animals are not eligible, nor are native or exotic wildlife photographed in zoos, sanctuaries, shows and fairs or similar locations.
- Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- The organisers take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- The judging process will be three-tiered process and will be made up of members of the organiser’s team and UAE volunteers who are professional photography experts.
- The Creative and Production heads at digitalfarm will shortlist entries which will further be reviewed by the visual experts at Yalla Abu Dhabi Life and digitalfarm. The final shortlist will be sent to professional photography experts who are renowned in their field.
- The panel of judges will go through all entries and grade them according to predetermined criteria before the final winners are announced.
- The panel will select images based upon technical skill, diversity, originality and creativity of composition.
- Judges will assess entries to establish category winners and commended photographers, and collectively agree on the overall competition winners.
- If judges have reason to believe your entry is not your own work or otherwise breaches these Terms and Conditions, then the panel may not consider it and may disqualify it.
- Digital adjustments are acceptable; however, the way in which any digital enhancement or editing has been used will be taken into account when judging the entry. Cropping is allowed.
- The Judges will select one winner and one runner up from each category of Mobile phone, DSLR Camera and Youth- under 18
- The decision of the organisers is final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the competition’s judging and organisation.
- Contacting / lobbying of judges or award administrators/advisors will result in immediate disqualification from Picture Abu Dhabi Photography Competition.
3. Announcement of Shortlisted Entries and Winners
- The competition will end on 30 June and the judges will begin to review the entries through the months of July and August.
- The first round of shortlisted entries will be announced on 1 August, 2021 and the final winners will be announced on 1 September, 2021.
- The shortlisted entries will be contacted via direct message on Instagram for contact details on how to proceed.
- The shortlisted entrants will be allowed 5 days to respond to the message before the organisers contact another entrant.
- The final Winners will be notified by the organisers by email within 5 days of being selected and given details of how to claim their prizes.
- If the winner does not respond to the email within 14 days of being notified of their win, the prize will be forfeited and the Judges shall be entitled to select another winner and that winner will have to respond to the email within 14 days or else they will also forfeit the prize.
- If a winner rejects the prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these terms, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Judges shall be entitled to select another winner using the process aforementioned.
- Judges will choose the winner from each category.
4. Usage Rights
- By entering the competition, you grant the organisers a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual licence (with a right to sub-license) to reproduce, enlarge, publish, edit or modify the competition entry or exhibit, on any media, the images for any purpose to further its aims and objectives. More specifically to use include but not limited to the below:
- At presentation events, including exhibiting the images in and around UAE.
- On the organisers’ website, the organisers’ social media channels and in the organisers’ email communications.
- In the organisers’ magazine and associated products for the purposes of promoting the competition.
- In the press for the purposes of publicising this photography competition and the promotional activities.
- In conjunction with the main sponsors to further promote this photography competition.
- In conjunction with selected Corporate Members for promotion and sponsorships.
- The right to use your name and country of residence for the purpose of identifying you as the author of your entry and/or as a winner of the Competition.
- The winners may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the Competition and the winners shall participate in such activity on the organisers’ reasonable request. The winners consent to the use by the organisers and its related companies, both before and after the closing date of the Competition for an unlimited time, of the winners’ voice, image, photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by the organisers and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the Competition, all entrants consent to the same.
- The organisers will make every reasonable effort to ensure that name credits are given to any photograph published in any medium.
5. Data Protection
- We will keep your details on our secure database to enable us to use your images (see usage rights) send you information about the annual photography competition and other information, newsletters about Yalla Abu Dhabi Life and digitalfarm including but not limited to Picture Abu Dhabi. We value your support and will not pass on information about you to any group or individual outside Yalla Abu Dhabi Life and digitalfarm.
- The organisers may pass entrants’ details to third parties and/or otherwise engage third party providers in connection with this Competition where the third party is acting on the organisers’ behalf for the purposes of administering this Competition and/or any subsequent publicity, and/or for the purposes of sending you the organisers’ marketing materials; and/or as otherwise required by law.
- The organisers shall use and take care of any personal information you supply to it. By entering the Competition, you agree to the collection, retention, usage and distribution of your personal information for the purposes outlined in these terms and conditions.
6. Indemnity and Limitation of Liability
- You agree to indemnify Yalla Abu Dhabi Life and digitalfarm and keep the organisers indemnified against any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by the organisers as a result of your entry in the competition, including (but not limited to) any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights made by any third party.
- You also hereby waive all your moral rights in your entry. Notwithstanding the afore-going waiver, in order to use entries as intended and advised in these Terms and Conditions, (i) The organisers may need to modify entries, including but not limited to resizing, cropping or colour adjustment as necessary, provided that the organisers shall endeavour in undertaking such modifications to maintain the integrity of your entry as originally created; and (ii) the organisers shall reasonably provide a picture credit for all entries.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the organisers exclude its liability for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly and howsoever caused, in connection with the competition and use of any prize. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the organisers’ liability for death or personal injury arising from the organisers’ own negligence or any other liability that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded.
- The organisers accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting any prize. The organisers further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to you or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
- The organisers accept no liability and provides no indemnity to entrants against claims by a third party for violation of their alleged rights in any photograph submitted for the competition. In the event of a claim, the entrant (copyright owner) must reimburse the organisers for any costs and expenses incurred by them in defending its case – including any attorney and court fees, as well as any associated damages and penalties.
7. Prize Terms and Conditions
- There will be one winner and a runner up per category:
Mobile Photography Prizes
- Winner: iPhone 12 pro max & photography kit
- Runner-up: 1-night stay plus breakfast at Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island for 2 guests. This voucher is valid for three months from the date of issue to the winner.
DSLR Photography Winner
- Winner: DJI Mavic Air 2
- Runner-up: 1-night stay in a classic room plus breakfast at Saadiyat Rotana Resort & Villas for 2. This voucher will be valid for 6 months from date of issue to the winner and will not be valid on blackout dates : Eid, festive and public holidays)
Youth Photography Winner
- Winner: iPad pro (11″ 256 GB)
- Runner-up: Two tickets to a well-known theme park
- The prizes cannot be exchanged or transferred by you and cannot be redeemed by you for cash or any other prize. You must pay all other costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize.
- The organisers retain the right to substitute the prizes with another prize of similar value in the event that the original prize offered is not available.
- The Prize does not include anything other than the elements stated above and will have to cover any additional prizes involved in claiming the prize.
- The information given in these Terms & Conditions is correct, but the organisers reserve the right to change any of it without prior notice. By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. Any breach of these Terms by an entrant will void their entry. If a breach has occurred but is discovered after the award of a prize, then the organisers may require the return of that prize.
- You agree that if you are a winner or commended photographer you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity, for example, the publication of photograph(s) with your name in Yalla Abu Dhabi Life Magazine and other platforms of the organisers.
- The organisers reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its reasonable control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of the organisers in all matters relating to the Competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The organisers shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to this Competition where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with UAE Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in UAE.
- The Promoter of the Competition is Yalla Abu Dhabi Life and digitalfarm whose addresses are Phoenix Media & Publications FZ LLC, TwoFour54, 6th Floor, Building 5, PO Box: 769386, Abu Dhabi, UAE. and Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi, UAE respectively. Any complaints regarding the Competition should be sent to these addresses.
Follow @yallaabudhabi and for more competition details, visit Picture Abu Dhabi.
Happening now on our social media pages!