The 49th United Arab Emirates National Day is celebrated on 2 December 2020, marking the unification of all seven Emirates into one nation.
From dazzling firework displays and light ups, to family get-togethers, to Emirati inspired meals, UAE National Day is a time when locals and expatriates gather together to celebrate the Spirit of the Union.
As Abu Dhabi’s premier leisure and entertainment hub, Yas Island is the place to celebrate the 49th UAE National Day and every day.
From the world’s fastest rollercoaster to its beautiful beach, there are 49 reasons to visit and enjoy Yas Island – and all safe in the knowledge that the island is maintaining the highest standards of safety and cleanliness.
But before we launch into the 49 reasons, here’s a fabulous video to remind us why we love to celebrate the UAE so much.
And here are those 49 reasons to visit Yas Island for the UAE’s 49th National Day
1. Discover a destination ‘like nowhere else’ – Yas Island welcomes visitors to enjoy Abu Dhabi’s premier leisure and entertainment hub.
2. Enjoy unbeatable offers – ahead of National Day, Yas Island is offering 49% off on “two-day, two parks” visit Ferrari World Abu Dhabi and choose between Yas Waterworld and Warner Bros. World™ Abu Dhabi for a special rate of AED 220.* T&Cs apply.
3. Channel your inner Super Hero and come face to face with legendary icons at Warner Bros. World™ Abu Dhabi such as Superman, Green Lantern, and the Flash.
4. Dress in red, green, white, and black for a two for one offer at Yas Marina Circuit – dress in the colours of the flag of the UAE, and get to double the length of your karting session at Yas Marina Circuit. Enjoy great offers including kids able to enjoy a single session for AED 49, juniors for AED 69, and adults at AED 105.
5. Embrace the spirit of the Nation at Yas Mall with interactive activities and visuals highlighting UAE’s milestones over the past 49 years, its present, its next 50 years, and its heroes. These include an interactive wall timeline, an immersive light and photography experience at the UAE Light Painting Photography booth, and an augmented reality experience to witness the Emirates Mars Mission “HOPE PROBE” with astronaut Hazza Al Mansouri.
6. Enjoy the colours of the flag of the UAE – which will be draped both inside and out of Yas Mall, celebrating the nation that we call home.
7. Look over the luxury yachts at Yas Marina that line the shore before heading to Yas Mall for some retail therapy with discounts of up to 90%!
8. Witness a world record attempt at Yas Mall – Yas Mall will attempt to set the world record by creating a giant size Sand Art bottle. A team of expert artists will create an eye-catching sand visual illustrating the UAE’s National Day themes on 2 December 2020.
9. Enjoy lunch with views and henna art painting at Aquarium, offering a limited-edition three-course lunch menu inspired by local flavours for AED 85 over the weekdays, followed by Friday Brunch with special packages starting at AED 199.
10. Marvel at W Abu Dhabi – Yas Island – as it is lit up in the red, white, black, and green of the flag of the UAE for National Day, celebrating the legacy of this great country.
11. Zip over Yas Island – Ferrari World Abu Dhabi Zip Line allows guests to conquer a first-of-its-kind challenge on Yas Island as they zip from the heart of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi through the Flying Aces roller coaster loop.
12. Reach new heights at CLYMB™ Abu Dhabi and scale the world’s tallest indoor climbing wall at 43 metres (141 feet) in height. CLYMB™ Abu Dhabi offers guests the chance to scale the wall emblasoned with the UAE’s flag.
13. Cool off at Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi, known as water’s greatest playground, offering 37 acres of adventure with 45 rip-roaring rides, slithering slides, and other amazing experiences
14. Elevate your world and experience the world’s largest Indoor Skydiving Flight Chamber at 10 metres (32 feet) in width and 32 metres (104 feet) in height at CLYMB™ Abu Dhabi.
15. Experience an ultimate adrenaline rush with the world’s fastest rollercoaster – Formula Rossa at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi with a speed of 0 to 240 kmh in just 4.9 seconds.
16. Spot your favourite Animation characters at Warner Bros. World™ Abu Dhabi, home to Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Tom and Jerry, Tweety, and Sylvester and many others that kids and adults alike will delight in seeing.
17. Nose your way through the mangroves – hire a kayak from Yas Beach, and enjoy discovering the beautiful natural habitats of Abu Dhabi from the water.
18. Dine around the world at more than 160 restaurants from American style diners to signature Thai cuisine and everything in between, Yas Island offers dishes to suit all tastes and budgets.
19. Take the little ones to enjoy the best of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi – with the Family Zone at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, a spectacular adventure awaits them, with four miniature replicas of the theme park’s most iconic record-breaking rides.
20. Lie back and enjoy the lazy waterway at Yas Waterworld, settled in a tube that cradles you down winding streams and through the caverns of the Al Raha River
21. Dine with superlative views at Hickory’s at Yas Links Abu Dhabi – with views which stretch over the golf course, it’s the perfect spot to relax with family and friends during the National Day weekend.
22. Work your core on a paddle board at Yas Beach – get to experience Yas Island in a way quite unlike any other by trying to keep your balance over the waters of the Arabian Gulf.
23. Delve into Emirati cuisine at The Fountains at Yas Mall – Al Fanar takes you back to enjoy the pastiche and color of a simpler time in the UAE. Its iconic duck-blue landrover is hard to miss in Yas Mall.
24. Visit the dark streets of Gotham City – home to its favourite billionaire Batman, who has vowed to crush the sinister criminal underworld that lurks deep beneath this legendary urban landscape.
25. Indulge in fabulous dining opportunities at Yas Marina – with restaurants such as Cipriani, Zahr El-Laymoun, and Iris all offering fantastic meals to enjoy for UAE National Day.
26. Feel the Liwa Loop intensity – experience the first waterslide of its kind in the Middle East at Yas Waterworld, as you drop straight down into a high-intensity looping waterslide.
27. Practice your putting at Yas Links Abu Dhabi – enjoy the first true Links Golf Course in the region, designed by leading golf course designer, Kyle Phillips, by playing some rounds this coming National Day.
28. Head to The Fountains at Yas Mall for a delicious family meal – enjoy fantastic dining opportunities at The Fountains. With 15 dining outlets, there’s something for everyone to be able to enjoy!
29. Drop in on the Flintstones at Warner Bros. World™ Abu Dhabi – enjoy The Flintstones Bedrock River Adventure and wave hello to Fred and Wilma while you pass through.
30. Brave the heights of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi – with the Roof Walk experience that has recently opened in celebration of Ferrari World’s 10th anniversary, guests can scale the Park’s signature red roof and take in spectacular vista views of Yas Island.
31. Get away from it all at Yas Beach – and rent a private chalet to enjoy some peace and quiet this National Day.
32. Embrace bouldering at CLYMB ™ Abu Dhabi – try out this form that offers new learners the opportunity to climb a 3-metre (10 feet) wall to begin practicing their skills, and build their strength and stamina over the National Day weekend.
33. Charter a boat to tour the Abu Dhabi coastline – at Yas Marina, where a range of watercrafts are available for you to enjoy over the National Day weekend.
34. Drop into a sun lounger at Yas Beach – and luxuriate with your favorite novel in the restful peace of Yas Beach.
35. Experience the Slithers Slides at Yas Waterworld – as you select from six different themes on six slides for 30 distinct experiences, each ending in a splash pool, where guests shoot out of a slide capped with a giant fanged snake head.
36. Speed at precision at the region’s first electric go-kart course – dash through a twisting and turning track and pit yourself against other speed demons at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi.
37. Let little tots adventure at Warner Bros. World™ Abu Dhabi’s ACME Factory – your children will love to twist and turn through the ACME Factory floor this UAE National Day.
38. Touch up your golf skills at Yas Links Golf Academy – book a lesson to work on your drive and learn how to get a hole-in-one, every time.
39. Keep your children amused at KidZania Abu Dhabi – head to KidZania to let your kids experience the award-winning ‘edutainment’ concept, letting them learn and play at the same time!
40. Surrender to the gentle ebb and flow of Amwaj Wave Pool at Yas Waterworld, and gaze at the pearl looming above and be endlessly entranced by incredible wave patterns.
41. Grab a jet-ski and bomb around Yas Island – at Yas Beach, there’s no end to the fun which you can have on the water, with a wide range of sport activities on offer.
42. Take a trip through Italy at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi– step into a small scale Ferrari 250 California and travel through Venice, Rome, and Maranello in Bell’ Italia at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi.
43. Savour a coffee at Yas Mall – with a range of leading cafes to enjoy at Yas Mall, catch up with a friend to enjoy some delicious caffeinated treats.
44. Jump on-board Wile E. Coyote’s ACME Road Rocket at Warner Bros. World™ Abu Dhabi – joining his pursuit to catch the Road Runner at no other than Dynamite Gulch!
45. Plunge from the height of a mountaintop at Yas Waterworld’s Dawwama – experience the world’s largest six person tornado water coaster and enjoy sharing an adrenaline rush with your friends.
46. Get a taste of Italia at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi – freshly baked Neapolitan pizza, authentic pasta, draped with olive oil and mozzarella, are all on offer at Mamma Rossella. The Italian restaurant also recently launched a brand-new kids menu featuring a wide variety of delicious meals younger guests can enjoy.
47. Catch up on your festive shopping list – make sure you’re well prepared for any winter gifts you’re giving to family and friends, with a range of outlets available at Yas Mall to find that special something.
48. Celebrate the Golden Age of Hollywood – at the Warner Bros. Plaza, and watch the Warner Bros. Cinema Spectacular, a majestic symphonic celebration that uses projection mapping technology to bring the Warner Bros. film library to life.
49. Delight in watching the sun slip below the Abu Dhabi skyline – with over 160 dining experiences available on Yas Island, you’ll be able to have the perfect spot to enjoy a sunset this coming National Day weekend.
With social distancing and sanitisation measures in place at restaurants across Yas Island, you will be able to enjoy the 49th National Day of the UAE while maintaining your peace of mind. For more information on precautionary measures being taken at Yas Island, please visit yasisland.ae/yaswellness