Khaleeji rhythms and sounds in musical conversation with global jazz.
Our friends at The Art Center at NYU Abu Dhabi have given us 10 pairs of tickets (20 tickets in total) to give away to 10 lucky winners to watch in-person a live musical concert featuring Boom.Diwan x Nduduzo Makhathini x Jean-Michel Pilc at this incredible Suhoor Music Event, a global collaboration global collaboration supported by the US Mission to the UAE.
Following a community Suhoor, you’ll get to sway to the rhythms in a concert featuring Boom.Diwan (Kuwait/UAE) with Nduduzo Makhathini (South Africa) and Jean-Michel Pilc (France/USA/Canada).
In the spirit of Ramadan, the concert, on Thursday, 14 April at 9.30pm. highlights and values the power of dialogue for understanding, peace and resolution.
Boom.Diwan x Nduduzo Makhathini unite for their first live performance together celebrating the release of their acclaimed suite Minarets, commissioned by The Arts Center.
An immersive ritual of music rooted in Khaleeji pearl diving traditions meeting South African jazz. The suite of immersive ritual music touches on ideas of cosmopolitanism, community, dialogue, and healing.
Boom.Diwan x Jean-Michel Pic debut a new collaboration, uniting Khaleeji pearl diving traditions, with Franco-American jazz pianist Jean-Michel Pilc, a “Musical genius” (Washington Post), who is known for his harmonic reinventions of standards.
Boom.Diwan invites Pilc to dialogue with and reinvent new harmonic worlds with the new Khaleeji Jazz Standards that they are known for.
The concert builds on Boom.Diwan’s ongoing concept of exchange with guests from different cultural traditions in the cosmopolitan spirit of the pearl trade.
For a chance to win a pair of tickets to this incredible concert, you just need to answer the following question correctly:
What countries does Boom.Diwan represent?
Fill in your details and answer and make sure to follow @yallaabudhabi on Instagram and Facebook for more chances of winning.
Alternatively, you may email your answers and personal details to [email protected].
Terms & conditions:
- The tickets are for Boom.Diwan x Nduduzo Makhathini x Jean-Michel Pilc on Thursday, 14 April at 9.30pm
- The tickets will be emailed to the confirmed winners email addresses
- Tickets are non-transferrable and must be used for the date issued
- Tickets are General Admission
- The performance is in The Red Theater at The Arts Center at NYU Abu Dhabi
- You must hold a green pass on the Al Hosn app if you are over 16-years of age or a negative PCR test not exceeding 14 days
- Yalla Abu Dhabi reserves the right to choose the winners
- Yalla Abu Dhabi reserves the right to withdraw the winner’s place and offer to another entrant if no response from the winner has been received within 24 hours of initial contact
- The Promoter may terminate, amend or withdraw this prize draw and/or these terms and conditions at any time
- Entry to the prize draw is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. By entering the competition, you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms
- For a full list of Yalla Abu Dhabi Life’s Terms and Conditions, click here.