Discover a new mode of online performance with a 1-on-1 multi-sensory online experience.
Theater for an audience of you. Through touch, sound, and interactivity As Far As Isolation Goes (online) is a moving microtheater piece which explores the journey of asylum seekers. Experience this very unique virtual performance; over Zoom artist Basel Zaraa takes you through a story where you respond to his prompts.
The work is a collaboration between live artist Tania El Khoury and musician and street artist Basel Zaraa. Reimagined for an online experience during physical distancing, the piece is a 1-on-1 virtual intimate experience.
Built from their original collaboration, As Far As My Fingertips Take Me, El Khoury commissioned Zaraa to record a rap song inspired by the journey his sisters made from Damascus to Sweden. This online iteration focuses on mental and physical health experiences of refugees in the United Kingdom. Zaraa created a song inspired by conversations with friends and colleagues who have recently claimed refuge in the UK.
When / Wednesday – Sunday, Sep 9 – Oct 4 @ 4-6pm & 7:30-9:30pm (Time zone: UAE, Abu Dhabi, GMT+4)
“This is the extremely rare occasion on which a production draws on you. No, really, right on you. And it does so with both a touching illustrative delicacy and an appeal to the conscience that is impossible to turn away from.” – Washington Post’s review on As Far as My Finger Tips Take Me
Age Advisory: 16+
Performance times are in Gulf Standard Time (GST)
For this performance you will need:
- A medium black permanent marker pen (don’t worry, permanent marker can be washed off skin, or fades by itself).
- Glass of water
- Paint brush (any size)
- Tissue or cloth
- 1 ticket per person.
- Capacity: 1 person per show*
- Duration: Approx 15 minutes
Each ticket holder will be required to connect using their own device.
Members of the same household must have their own ticket and separate devices to join the event
- Adult & Youth – AED 52.50 (Incl. 5% VAT)
- NYUAD Employee tickets available. Please visit the intranet for further information. If you haven’t registered on The Arts Center’s website yet, see the details on the Intranet > The Arts Center Tickets and Accounts
- Free for NYUAD Students. Please visit the Student Portal for more information
- 2019/2020 Members, please email email@example.com to book tickets using your membership.
For ticket queries and assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more, click here