Planning a fun day out with the whole family at Louvre Abu Dhabi this winter may be your best idea
This winter, Louvre Abu Dhabi has many rich activities for families with children to spend a fun day out. Families can enjoy an all year offer, where children under the age of 13, enter the museum for free.
To ensure you get the most out of your visit at the Louvre, be sure to do these top ten activities:
- Experience Emirati hospitality through Al Ayyala performances and Arabic coffee every weekend between 4:00 and 6:00pm.
- Visit the Children’s Museum and explore the exhibition Animals: Between Real and Imaginary.
- Wander the permanent galleries to discover over 600 artworks from pre-history to contemporary, showcasing creativity throughout humanity in painting, sculpture, archaeological objects, decorative arts and more.
- Discover magnificent ancient artefacts from the Arabian Peninsula in the newly opened Roads of Arabia: Archaeological Treasures of Saudi Arabia
- Have a drink or bites while enjoying the reflection of Abu Dhabi’s sunset against Louvre Abu Dhabi’s colossal dome at the museum’s Art Lounge.
- Shop for exclusive holiday gifts for your family and friends that are only available at the museum’s boutique, including unique works from UAE designers, items inspired by the museum’s collection and art books for children.
- Experience Manga culture through a space designed specifically for families and teenagers. Colour our expression wall, escape at virtual reality pods, play at retro-arcade gaming stations, read and take part in workshops on Manga and graphic art.
- Explore the museum’s architecture through the Architecture Tour, uncovering the secret to the “Rain of Light” effect under the dome.
- Sign up with your children for one of many workshops including Behind the Mask, Animal Footprints and the Birth of Writing.
- Rest your feet and sample bespoke dishes at the Museum Café overlooking the Arabian Gulf or have a coffee break at Aptitude Café located at the Museum Park.